PARKGATE PONY SANCTUARY
©Parkgate Pony Sanctuary 2019
Registered Charity No 1069512
Welcome to our website
All the team at The Parkgate Pony Sanctuary hope you are keeping well.
DONATIONS & APPEAL
Donations can be made by clicking http://paypal.me/parkgatepony and via BACS: Sort Code: 40-25-08 Account: 81208675
LATEST NEWS: Parkgate Pony Sanctuary have launched an urgent appeal to help pay for the surgery of one of their animals. Please read the article by clicking here.
INTRODUCTION TO THE SANCTUARY
The Bamford family established the Pony Sanctuary in 1984. The sanctuary was then named 'Badger's Memorial Pony Sanctuary' after their much loved first rescue pony Badger. Since 1984, the sanctuary has grown steadily and currently has responsibility for the care of 25+ horses and ponies. It still remains a family run sanctuary, aided by a group of friends and much needed volunteers.
In 1997 a plot of land in Parkgate was donated by a sponsor, which became the main base for people to come and meet our ponies. In November 1998 the sanctuary changed its name to 'The Parkgate Pony Sanctuary'.
The sanctuary continues to exist purely by financial support from the public through sponsorships, donations, adoptions, fund-
THE AIMS OF THE SANCTUARY
1) To monitor the health and care of horses/ponies in the Wirral area. To help and advise owners where necessary.
2) To find suitable retirement for old, young, the not so pretty or athletic, disabled horses/ponies in the Wirral area. Enabling them to enjoy their latter years.
3) Once a horse/pony comes into the Sanctuary, IT WILL NOT BE SOLD ON but a caring home can be found, and constantly monitored by the Sanctuary’s Trustees or agents.
4) To enable children and adults, not able to own a horse/pony, to enjoy the love and companionship an equine can give.
5) To introduce the basics ,horsemanship, stable management and general care of horses/ponies.
6) To enable the disabled to enjoy driving and travelling in our horse/pony drawn vehicles.
7) To give talks and slide shows (free of charge to help raise the profile of the Sanctuary).
To give Sanctuary assistance to any animal or bird, be it wild or tame.